I had a nice quiet birthday. Dix won't drive with her arm in a brace so she could not get me a birthday card and thus wrote one on the computer. She couldn't get any presents either, I didn't have to return anything the next day. Ronnie called to apologize that she forgot, like I was expecting, but promised to remember next year. Chris emailed a belated Happy Birthday that I liked. Brother Don sent two Hunter Thompson books that I really like. My old buddy from Notre Dame sent a nice FB note. He's retiring next week. It will be interesting to see how he handles it. He's joining a dating website that looks to be an exciting first step.
The radon monitor that I ordered registers the basement as alarmingly in excess of acceptable. It would be as if we live in a smoke-filled bar. I designed a mitigation plan including blowing out the basement with the swamp cooler as soon as the temperatures got to 60 degrees. I did not like the plan proposed by my first contractor because it seemed to be similar to my swamp cooler method. The second estimator increased the price and said it would be a challenge. By the time the third mitigator came, I had already cut holes in the floors and ceilings to run a pipe and he said most of the work is done. He agreed with my plan where to punch a hole in the cement but never returned my call for the job. Guess I'll borrow an impact drill from Gus.
Something was going down last night - cops casing the neighborhood, flashing their spotlights. The revolution is coming.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment