Now we have his and her's laptops at the kitchen table. She can browse animal sites and shopping networks while I view politics and leisure. Her HP has become the backup for my aging Dell.
Dix is Internet shopping for a dress for The Wedding. That would Ruby's daughter's wedding in Jackson Hole. Cara has been making her mark in DC and is marrying a Montana fellow. It will be a societal and political event. We decided to stay not at the designated resort but at the scaled down but quaint Antler Inn. Even so, when asked whether they had a room on that date in August, the receptionist asked, "Are you here for the wedding?"
A second bidder seems to be not very hungry for our driveway job - he has not yet given one. The plumber is working up a bid to replace the neighbor sewer line. I checked with Qwest and Bresnan to see whether they would lay their lines in the trench. That would remove two aerial lines that hang into our kitchen window view. The Qwest engineer said she would give me a hundred foot of telephone line to throw in the ditch. The Bresnan cable guy seemed to want to make it a bigger deal. He had trouble understanding what I was proposing and was one of those people who liked to speak within a foot of your face. I leaned in yet a little closer to get him to back off my space. Finally he said we would need to lay a conduit for the cable. That would not be much added expense but I think I'll be getting a second opinion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment