Sunday, June 17, 2007

Party Ride


We attended Glen's party - the one he requested on his death bed to be thrown in his honor. His memorial card said "I am not gone. I'm only in the next room..."
Before the party, Dix jokingly told Greg she would ride with him to the Petroleum Club on his Harley while the rest of us drove in the car. During the party she had enough gin and tonics that she was serious about the ride afterwards. So off they went for a trip that included a stretch around the Casper loop road. Greg gave her her money's worth, starting off with a pretty loud acceleration from the driveway. She held on tight enough he could not breathe. After ten minutes I started to get worried, but they came back safe and sound and Dix is probably good for another ten years. Glen was hopefully smiling from the next room.

No comments: