I BROUGHT my new 5000 pound baby boy home today. Despite the fact this pickup is a half-ton as opposed to the 3/4-ton I had, and it has a regular bed as opposed to a full size, it seems harder to keep within the traffic lanes and parking spots. No doubt the fact that it pure and scratchless has something to do with this, but in fact it physically does not fit in the garage. I had measured the width, mirror to mirror, and thought it would fit, but by getting an extended cab, I apparently gained more length than I lost by going to a medium size bed.
A section of the garage had previously been extended out the back for modern day pickups, but now even that extension needs to be extended.
So the remodeling work has begun. And that includes cutting back, maybe ultimate removal, of an elm tree that has claimed the space behind the garage. It also requires cleaning up the junk from behind the garage, including rebar, a burnt out stump, metal pipe, old wire, fence pickets, leaves from the elm tree, and rip rap, so far. I also removed the studs from the gargage extension and this in and of itself allows the few inches needed to fit the truck in the garage - temporarily, provided one is careful not to push the unsupported planks out from under the roof section.


No comments:
Post a Comment