Friday, May 4, 2007

Good Grief - Vacation!

We'll be on a ten-day vacation visiting family starting next week. I think I've spent ten days planning the trip. Reserving a three-leg air schedule using a free air voucher took a few days. Coordinating with Dix's sister and her daughter and her girlfriend and their jobs took some back and forth. Where to stay - whether our son's quarters are too tight to stay this time (yes), or a hotel in Chicago is too expensive for Dix's sister, or us; whether a two-night minimum stay at the water-world resort is too long, busy, or pet restrictive (yes, yes and yes). Now I'm working extra hours/days to get ahead at work. Dix is frantically catching up on laundry, bill paying and pet preparations. For her part, Grandma never presents any complication, just come when you can and there is room for you and home cooking.

No comments: