Changing over to a new internet service provider is a real chore. The cable guy they sent out to do their "premium" installation (for an additional $25) had a degree in electrical engineering but didn't know how to set up Outlook Express. He could only set up the ISP's mail handler but one of my reasons for switching was to get rid of all the fancy email, MSN snooping, and Quest system checking so helpfully provided by my old ISP. So eager was I to uninstall all that chaff that I forgot to export my Favorite Places. Finding my own blog was even a chore.
I'm almost functional again but since my new provider does not provide a wireless router, I still need to install the new-out-of-the-box router I bought a year ago. Unfortunately it comes with no documentation and their helpful Pakistani technical support can only manage to tell me that I have exceeded the 90-day free tech support period. Using the on-line tech support, I am still waiting for their return e-mail advice. I'm sure I'm pretty low in their que.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment